World Microbe Forum offers a robust and interactive digital platform. Get familiar with the platform and its key features:
How do I access the meeting platform?
To access the virtual platform, follow these steps from your computer or device:
- Participants must be registered for World Microbe Forum to access the virtual platform. If you have not completed your registration, please register now.
- Go to https://event.worldmicrobeforum.org/login to open the digital meeting platform in your web browser on your computer or device (Please note: Make sure you are using Google Chrome for the best experience).
- Important tips for signing in to the platform:
- The primary email in your ASM user account must match the email associated with your registration record. If you do not have an ASM user account or need to check the status of your account, enter your email address in the account login.
- Your email address will be verified to check for an existing account or prompt you to create a new account. If you need assistance in updating your primary email address in your ASM user account, review the How to add a primary email address to your profile tutorial.
- You will then be prompted to upload a photo and complete your profile details. You will also receive a pop upto allow for Nottifications. Click the 'Allow' button to receive real-time alerts and announcements via your computer.
- Set up your profile and opt into the features of the virtual platform. Your profile and privacy settings may be updated at any time during the meeting. Review the Profile Creation tutotial here for step-by-step instructions.
- As part of your account creation, you will be prompted to check your video and audio. This allows you to interact with participants in multiple ways.
What should I do first when I get into the platform?
Once you're logged in, explore the platform and start networking with other participants. Direct your attention to the following areas:
- Create your profile.
- Answer the networking questions to match you with other participants and receive session recommendations.
- Connect with participants - send messages, video chat, and more.
- Review the resources located in the 'General Information' section of the dashboard to get familiar with platform features.
What are the key features of my dashboard?
Your personalized dashboard is your home base for World Microbe Forum. It provides easy access to your agenda, the full scientific program, the exhibit hall, and more! Use these features to easily navigate the platform:
- My Agenda - Access your personal schedule of selected sessions.
- Search Program - View the full scientific program.
- Exhibit Hall - Browse participaing exhibitors and sponsors.
- Poster Hall - Browse the iPoster Gallery.
Review the Dashboard Overview to get more familiar with these key features.
How do I set-up my profile?
Creating your participant profile will offer the ability to share information about yourself with other participants. Sharing this information will facilitate networking opportunities. Setting up your profile is a key step in determining the level of engagement you want to have with others on the conference platform. Your level of engagement will be determined by the privacy setting you enable in your profile.
Review the Profile Creation tutorial to help set-up your profile.
Will the meeting take place in my time zone?
World Microbe Forum will span many time zones. Functions are scheduled 24/7 to accommodate participants around the globe. You may change the time zone to reflect where you're located under the 'My Profile' tab located in the navigation menu.
How do I find sessions and add them to my agenda?
World Microbe Forum features more than 500 cutting-edge sessions. You can explore all the content offered by selecting the “Search Program” tab located in the navigation menu. From there, you can filter the program by:
- Session Type
- Curated Itineraries
Add sessions and activities to you personal agenda by clicking the heart image located next to the listing.
How can I find other attendees and chat with them?
Use the 'Participant Search' tab located in the navigation menu to connect with your peers. You can search by first name, last name, company or institution and country. Follow this tutorial to learn How to Access Meet-Ups.
How do I access a Certificate of Participation or Attendance?
Beginning June 24, follow the Certificate of Attendance tutorial to access your certificate. For iPoster presentations, check out the iPoster Certificate of Presentation tutorial to obtain a certificate.
Who do I contact if I need help?
There are several options for support on the virtual platform. Access downloadable resource documents through the 'General Information' tab located in the navigation menu. Or, connect with Live Support in the Information Booth, beginning June 20.
Have more questions? Use the additional resources below, and login to the platform to get started.
- Chat Social Gamification
- Navigating the Poster Hall
- Navigating the Exhibit Hall
- Claiming CE Credit
- Conference Support
- System Requirements